The 11 Best Argumentative Essay Topics About Animal Experiments
Animal experimentation - whether for medicinal advancement or cosmetics - is a hot topic right now, and one that is extremely difficult to tackle. It seems as though it is a necessary evil, but an evil nonetheless. Below are 11 of the best argumentative essay topics for this tough subject that will raise both your awareness and that of your readers.
- Is it necessary to do medical tests on living creatures?
- Can we improve the lives of captive animals?
- Do cosmetics matter?
- Do animals have feelings?
- Why can we not test on humans or plants?
- Think of some convincing alternatives to vivisection.
- How can we make vivisection less painful and/or stressful? Should we?
- What sort of animals should be used for experimentation and why?
- Do we have a responsibility to respect the creatures we test on?
- Should we never take medicine if we want to save animals from experiments?
- Is it ‘right’ to perform tests on other living creatures for our own gains?
Modern medicine has come a long way, at the expense of the lives of creatures less lucky than us. Is this strictly necessary? Is there another way (or other ways) to achieve the same - or better - advancements?
There are surely ways to improve the lives of the creatures that we experiment on. Can you think of any that are feasible and achievable? Remember that money will be a restriction, and that the experiments still need to continue.
We have already established the sorts of chemicals that can be used in cosmetics. Do we need to continue testing new chemicals on living creatures? Is it a good use of resources?
If other creatures besides humans don’t actually feel anything, is it wrong to use them for chemical testing?
Why is animal experimentation necessary? Why can we not perform the same sorts of tests on humans or plants instead?
Vivisection is one of the ways in which we gather results and evidence for scientific and medical tests. Are there are any legitimate alternatives to consider?
Life leading up to vivisection can be a very distressing experience. Are there ways to improve this?
Rabbits and rats are amongst the most popular creatures used in vivisection and other medical and/or cosmetic tests. Why is this? What should be used?
What should scientists do, if anything, to respect the creatures that they are performing tests on?
It can be considered hypocritical to take medicine or have operations if we disagree with vivisection and other tests performed on living creatures.
What does it mean to be ‘right’? Do we have the right to kill other creatures just to extend our own lives?