20 interesting ideas for GED essay topics
GED essay topics can come in all different varieties. If you intend to write this test, it helps to have some experience with these types so you can know ahead of time which ones suit you best and which ones may take more than the allotted time to compete successfully. Bear the following in mind:
- Does the essay require you to know things that you can’t learn under exam conditions?
- Are you required to analyse subject matter that makes you nervous or uncomfortable?
- Is this a topic that is likely to cause you to write something you will regret?
If the answer to any of the above is yes, consider other topics. Here is a list of some of the topics you may encounter. Try them out for size and decide which ones you like.
- Does a biological preference exist for smaller framed bodies over larger ones?
- Would it immoral for humans to consider colonising the galaxy given the state of our home world?
- Should the elderly and the terminally ill have the right to safe, painless, legal euthanasia?
- What does true love feel like?
- Do livestock animals experience deep emotional connections?
- Should the legal rights afforded to married couples be available to people who are not able to marry?
- What are the health benefits of plant based diets in childhood?
- How effective is body modification as a means of creative self-expression?
- How much of donated cash and items makes its way to the stated recipients of charity?
- Can diet and exercise counteract genetics to lead to significantly longer lifespans?
- Can animal rights and human rights be combined into a single concept of ‘rights’ which also covers the environment?
- The moment I felt most certain of success and should have been more humble
- What should parents be most conscious of when they try to cultivate relationships with their children?
- Has smart technology provided a net benefit to the lives of global citizens?
- What is the nature of addiction?
- What do you think is the most important thing a person can strive to achieve?
- Have creative pursuits become less rewarding than scientific and engineering related ones?
- Should cosmetic surgery not be available to people who do not have severe scarring or other disfiguring conditions?
- Should vegans consume insect based protein?
- Is humankind ready to colonise the universe?